Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  08:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
I was a boy when Neil Armstrong made his step onto what we were all told was the moon's surface. I watched it live on TV with my family. I can remember asking questions like: Who set up the camera? Why are the delays between the astronauts and ground control talking to each other not always greater than that required by the round-trip travel time of the radio waves to the moon and back? Did they say that Aldrin had to remove his helmet to get out of the capsule? Why is that flag waving as if a breeze is blowing on it? I was told to be quiet.

In the years afterwards, I lapsed into a wave-the-flag, go-USA, go-NASA mindset. Then, several years ago after I was baptized, I slowly started waking up.

This issue is important because it has a hypnotic effect on the people at large, and puts fake yearnings into peoples' hearts (a la Star Trek). I've come to realize that people's inner, even subconscious, yearnings have an impact on one's attitudes and actions more than most think.

It is important because, I believe, it is a prime example of assisted self-delusion. Most all of us suspend dis-belief while watching a movie or TV show because we want to enjoy it and find vicarious escape. We disregard the flaws in the production to the point of not even being consciously aware of them. That's fine for TV or a movie, maybe. But the shows put on as the moon landings are not of this sort to those of us who seek Truth. We ought not to corrupt our perception and understanding of the world we live in for any reason, much less emotional, "patriotism," "go-USA," or just because we want to believe. What we *want* to see can actually affect what our minds percieve.

It is important because seeing the truth in this tests and trains our mental processes in discerning other things. Going to the moon is not like a road trip to Daytona Beach. When something doesn't work or act right you can't pull into a service station and have it fixed. No one else is there to step in and help. When things shown to us on TV are flawed it means it's a fraud, even if they polish their production tricks in later episodes.

We are to be washed and renewed, and then not return as the sow to the mire; I believe this applies primarily to our minds:
Romans 12:2* And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Walter
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  14:15:03  Show Profile
Well, Walter, that is just more argument that we should have thrown the TV sets out the back door long ago.
I personally get so distracted by the implausible in movies that I forget what is going on. I am REALLY annoyed by the obvious errors.

But, as George said, this discussion is just a distraction to get us off the track.
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  14:21:18  Show Profile
Walter makes good points.

But how rewarding is it to pusue this course? We already see how corrupt this Abomination ("government") has become. NOTHING would surprise me, in regard to its baseness. That is a given.

So let us go on from there, and rescue ourselves, our family and our friends -- with the guidance of our Creator. All those who cannot -- or, worse yet, WILL not -- see the Truth under their noses, can go to Hell any way they please, as far as I am concerned. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to wake them up! So uncovering all these conspiracies to me, is an excercise in futility. T

here will come a time when EVERYTHING will be revealed in the LIGHT. We only need to put our own house in order.

Be Well,
Doer

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000