Mothvana Land
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bondservant
Forum Administrator

382 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2002 :  10:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Bondservant's Homepage
A bunch of caterpillars are sitting under a bark. Says one: "Does anyone really believe in Mothvana?"

Answers one: "Just a myth, some old bark scriptures, who cares about those loonies? We're now so advanced, we're at the top! I believe in evolution and..."

Interrupts another: "This question is as old as the species of the caterpillars. Even with all this new technology there is still no conclusive answer."

Another one asks: "What IS Mothvana? Can you define it? Can you observe it? Can you measure it? Does it have a beginning? Does it have an end? Guys, where are your scientific methods? Come on, give us a break with this mumbo-jumbo stuff..."

Yet another says: "Even if it did exist, who would want to be there? No cozy bark to rub against! If these rumors were true, then one wouldn't be in this Tree anymore at all. What a terrible thought!"

One says "Yes! Outside this Tree there cannot be anything else other than the Void! Emptyness! Nothingness!"

And one of the older caterpillars says: "I have been studying the scriptures of the Holy Barks for all my life and I tell you: Believe and you will be saved! Repent now or else the Mighty Woodpecker will swallow you for eternity!"

"Yeah, yeah," jokes another, "what's next - the Green Tree Lizard? Come on, let's chew juicy bark and get on with life!"

"It cannot be entirely excluded that there may be other Trees as well," says one... and everybody laughs.

"I am certain that if we just wiggle our way through the bark, eventually we'll be free!" someone claims.

"Free from what? What purpose should that have? This Tree is all that counts - everything else is just some wild speculation - opium for the caterpillars - let's organize and make sure no one gets a better piece of the bark than the rest of us!"

Another caterpillar says with conviction: "I know that there is a way out of this Tree! But I shall not go until every Living Being in this Tree has found its way out first!"

"Me too," announces another one.

"Silly people" someone objects. "If you both want to go last, neither one of you will be able to go. Can't you see that?"

All of a sudden, there is a turmoil in the colony.

"I can see the light!" someone yells.

"Oh, no! One of these cultists again!" people sigh.

"I'm breaking through to the other side," the caterpillar insists.

"You must be on drugs," someone tells him.

"No-one has ever gone outside and came back to talk about it. This alone is proof enough that all this Mothvana bull is nothing else than the product of an insane pillar-mind," one of the caterpillars proclaims.

"No, no," shouts the one who saw the light. "Our silky body is just a hull, a cage really! Once you make yourself free, you can leave it. And even the Tree!"

"Come back now, silly boy!" his mother shouts.

"It is impossible to become free from this Tree!" say some wise ones. "You have to be member of the Order of the Enlightened Caterpillars first. There are no Worthy Nymphs outside of our Holy Community! This must be a sad case of delusion."

"Yes," adds another wise one, "besides there cannot be a salvation until the next Enlightened Pillar appears in this Tree!"

And the political caterpillar community calls for the caterpillar police to lock him up: "These crazy ideas are antisocial, signs of a deeply disturbed mentality. A threat to society."

"Don't worry," says a scientist. "Fortunately, we have developed a new drug that aids to alievate the symptoms. It's not cheap, though. We spent many millions of pillar-dollars on its development after all..."

But when they reached the caterpillar who had seen the light, all they
could find was an empty hull.

Meanwhile, the unfolding caterpillar saw that Mothvana Land was the skies. And he looked at his colorful wings and realized that he was now a beautiful butterfly.

And in the dawn of a new day, this butterfly spread its wings...

hotei

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2002 :  11:49:23  Show Profile
greetings,

thanks for the cute story. it reminds me how long humans have been speculating about the nature of things.

it is interesting that regardless of what opinion the individual caterpillar held to be true....that they would all become butterflies (assuming they did not die prematurely).

butterfly-dom happens to the just and the unjust? : )

i have yet to see the caterpillar who had to repent to become a butterfly.

happy new year to all,

hotei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000