Assembly now a crime. Please help.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lifejourney

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  05:40:00  Show Profile
Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. The purpose of this post is to ask for assistance in some matters of law.

I have been retained by a close friend to assist in responding to some harassment by agents of the National Forest Service. On her own initiative and without my prompting or assistance, she became interested in serving abatement material regarding defective paperwork given to her by the agents.

Here is some information I have gotten on the issue, which I believe to be accurate, but it is possible that some items are lacking or distorted due to haste in reviewing the matter.

This woman was gathered with some friends at a location which the Federal Government designates as National Forest Land. The government states this land is for the benefit of the public, but anyone assembling there without a license is chargeable with a Felony, namely, assembling without a permit.

The woman was at the place providing free medical care, first aid, and garbage cleanup for other people, all the while preaching the Gospel as opportunities arose.

Some Federal Agents approached her and began to issue a "ticket." The ticket is notice of a fine of one-hundred dollars for assembling without a permit from the government.

At first she refused to give her birth name, but instead offered the name that she is known by. An officer threatened her, stating if she did not give him a birth name, that he would arrest her and have her held in jail for various crimes, depending on what he could invent at the time.

She gave her birth name and the ticket was issued. Non-payment of the ticket may result in six months in a federal prison, and I am told she does not even have a right to a jury trial on this issue; basically an administrative judge will determine her guilt or innocence, and hand down a sentence.

Someone tried to assist her by showing her how to draft an abatement. I thank God I spoke to her before she did anything with it, because she was advised to actually file the abatement with the clerk of the Federal court! I yelled and preached at her, "NO!" you cannot file an abatement, doing so will abrogate all your rights and make it defective, because that court does not have jurisdiction to hear an abatement." I told her that the abatement must be served personally by process or witnesses, and that there is much care to be taken with these things.

She and I are separated by several states of distance, so I cannot personally sit down with her and review everything.

Here is what I propose in my plea for help. I understand the abatement process, but I doubt I would ever need to use it because I am very private in all my dealings. I would like to set up a private email discussion list with several Lawful Christians, those experienced with this sort of thing. My friend and I would of course be on this list, and all of us could discuss her situation and help her be directed in the way that is right for her.

The reason I am loathe to just discuss this on the open forum is because I do not want it publicly revealed who she is or what strategy she is using to undo all this mess. I do have her permission to publish the results of the whole fiasco once the charge is dealt with and final.

I ask those of you who are Lawful Christians, making a sincere effort to live the Law of God, to begin discourse with me on this issue, so we can prevent this Sister from spending six months with rapists and murderers for not asking permission to be near a public campground. Then in the end, if she goes to prison, at least it will be known to me and her that we did what we could. She is even grateful for the opportunity to share the Gospel if she is locked up. Several heads, I think, are better than one.

If you are a Lawful Christian and would like to offer your time in this discussion, please contact me using the forum feature and introduce yourself, giving an email where I may reply. Then I will send you my email and add you to the email discussion list. The only requirement is that the discussion remain private between those who are on the mail list.

I thank you much for your kindness in giving your time.

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  16:48:35  Show Profile
It seems that right now the only issue is a 100 "dollar" fine. There are two very simple ways to handle this.

You and your friend should look at:
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/assembly.html
First read the article "Exercising Your Duty Of Movement On The Common Ways ". This will help her know how to answer the next time she is approached by a revenue collection agent disguised as an "officer of the law".

Knowing how to conduct oneself in the future puts the present trials into perspective. Worst case: just pay the fine and be done with it. Why risk jail time when you now know how to handle future encounters?

However, there is a very simple way of dealing with the ticket that does not involve any FRNs. Read the article "Can You Define 'Dollar' Please?" This is the achilles heel in their revenue collection process. Your friend can present herself as fully cooperative, yet reveal the sham that their entire system is with one simple question.

I recommend she read as much as possible from this site so that she goes before her persecutors with the right attitude, but these two articles are sufficient in themselves if rightly understood and applied. Of course, we can still be persecuted, so all we can do is get our own house in order and leave the rest to our Father.
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  04:04:40  Show Profile
lifejourney,

If you have not done so already, call Randy Lee of the King's Men for advice. 818-347-7080. If you do not know, he is probably the greatest authority regarding the NON-STATUTORY ABATEMENT PROCESS. Also, visit their WebSite at
http://www.angelfire.com/pr/truth/assembly.html

It would be better, were you to post this train of development at this Site. The Feds are not much interested in these "cults," so do not fear for being found out. But even so, no names are mentioned, and privacy is greatly safeguarded here. There are a number of contributors here that may be able to give insight into your dilemma.

Your experience would be very much valued by others tuning in to this Site for the very situations that you write about.

Be Well,
Doer

Go to Top of Page

lifejourney

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  20:50:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by doer

lifejourney,

If you have not done so already, call Randy Lee of the King's Men for advice. 818-347-7080. If you do not know, he is probably the greatest authority regarding the NON-STATUTORY ABATEMENT PROCESS. Also, visit their WebSite at
http://www.angelfire.com/pr/truth/assembly.html

It would be better, were you to post this train of development at this Site. The Feds are not much interested in these "cults," so do not fear for being found out. But even so, no names are mentioned, and privacy is greatly safeguarded here. There are a number of contributors here that may be able to give insight into your dilemma.

Your experience would be very much valued by others tuning in to this Site for the very situations that you write about.

Be Well,
Doer

I think your advice is very meritorious, and I will ask my friend to consent. One problem, I think, is that most of her proposed legal documents are drawn up in different file formats. I have set up a mailing list, and if she will consent to posting here, if you cannot arrange for attachments to be posted, I will post the email for the list so attachments can be sent to those interested.

I would also appreciate any other suggestions you may have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000