Common Law Copyrighting STRAWMAN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HenryBowman

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2004 :  17:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried a few times to get PM's to Lewish, to no avail.

Is there any way to post the common law copyright of STRAWMAN name so that we all can amend it for ourselves?

Thanks

HB

ATFOTRAF

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  00:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Henry,

You should now have a template file for doing your common-law copyright in your e-mail inbox.

Sorry for the delay. I have been tied up on an very important court case.

Peace,

Lewis
Go to Top of Page

charles8854

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  07:20:34  Show Profile  Visit charles8854's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brothers,

I respectfully suggest that “common-law copyright” is an “oxy-moron”.

I like a lot about the “Redemption” process, & other commere-based & administrative-based remedies which use such concepts.
But here I must take exception.

“Copyrights” as well as “Patents” are both “Creatures of Equity”. As you surely know,
“Equity” has been “at War” with “Common-Law” for as long as Equity has been in existence.

Copyrights & patents are both Franchise/Privilege Creations which Flow from the Centrally-Planned Romanistic form of government. They are usually evidenced by a piece of paper, which makes them “Lex-Scripta”, which is clearly of Romanistic origin.

Patents & copyrights have Nothing to do with the “Natural Rights” which our “Christian/Israelite Common-Law” is inherently concerned with.
“Land Patents” are similarly poorly-founded “Fictions of Law”.

I know these ideas routinely invoke hostile responses, for many have spent much time & energy building massive legal-arguments based on these ideas.
There are other common-law remedies readily-available, which can fill all of those needs.
I seek only the advancement of the collective-wisdom of Ecclesia, through these words.

Respectfully;

charles bruce, stewart
charles@christiancommonlaw-gov.org/
http://christiancommonlaw-gov.org/
sandy oregon
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2005 :  12:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Charles says:

In the context of and limited scope of Christian Common Law this is truly an oxymoron. But the copyright system is common law just the same.

Notice his context is Israelite based. Not natural law based.

Recently a jury under common law (court of record) in Colorado made the mistake of importing foreign law into the deliberation chamber - the Book of Leviticus*. Notice the context of that law was for the Levitical priests to help keep the Israelites out of idolatry. The Israelites would have been wiped out except for contract with God at Exodus 24:7.

A common mistake among Christians is to presume that the Abrahamic Covenant through the Messianic advents imposes the Laws of Moses upon the Gentile nations - thus prefixing common law with "Christian" elitism. Any prefix but "general" before common law makes it private law. The Abrahamic Covenant interpreted for everyone would be possibly common law. But Charles interpretes it for Christians only. Therefore he is talking about private law (to Christians).

Regards,

David Merrill.

* The jury being in charge of sentencing, thus sentenced the man to "an eye for an eye" - to death. The justices at the Supreme Court upon finding out the jury had imported Levitical law into deliberation, reduced the sentence to life imprisonment.

Edited by - David Merrill on 31 Mar 2005 13:19:56
Go to Top of Page

swarmingspirits

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2005 :  19:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charles8854

Brothers,

I like a lot about the “Redemption” process, & other commere-based & administrative-based remedies which use such concepts.
But here I must take exception.

“Copyrights” as well as “Patents” are both “Creatures of Equity”. As you surely know,
“Equity” has been “at War” with “Common-Law” for as long as Equity has been in existence.

Copyrights & patents are both Franchise/Privilege Creations which Flow from the Centrally-Planned Romanistic form of government. They are usually evidenced by a piece of paper, which makes them “Lex-Scripta”, which is clearly of Romanistic origin.

Patents & copyrights have Nothing to do with the “Natural Rights” which our “Christian/Israelite Common-Law” is inherently concerned with.
“Land Patents” are similarly poorly-founded “Fictions of Law”.

I know these ideas routinely invoke hostile responses, for many have spent much time & energy building massive legal-arguments based on these ideas.
There are other common-law remedies readily-available, which can fill all of those needs.
I seek only the advancement of the collective-wisdom of Ecclesia, through these words.

Respectfully;

charles bruce, stewart
charles@christiancommonlaw-gov.org/
http://christiancommonlaw-gov.org/
sandy oregon

Hello,

In the face of the whole "common law" discussion your post seems to make sense.

But I am a cartoonist and I am writing my own fiction. How do you suggest I protect my work against plagiarists and pirates outside of registering my work the the US Copyright Office, for example?

I have been out of Common Law circles for ages. I'm kind of "dusting off the cobwebs" as it were. But some things I am not ready to tackle yet, like the whole tax thing. But how DO I protect my intellectual property under the Christian Common Law?

God bless, Thanks. :-)

James Walters
Griffin Nation
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  12:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear James,

And what is wrong with Romanistic protection of your rights, which the rest of the fiction world will recognize and respect, as opposed to a "Christian Common Law, of which I cannot find in my textbooks or Bible, and which the rest of the world will probably ignore?

When Daniel and his fellow country-men (you know, the 3 guys tossed into the furncace) were in captivity in Babylon, did they not accept and use the names given them by the King's servants?

Peace,

Lewis

Edited by - Lewish on 21 Jul 2005 12:58:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000