The Holy Bible
 Mistranslated words...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PrayerWarrior

uSA
19 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  03:50:43  Show Profile  Visit PrayerWarrior's Homepage  Send PrayerWarrior an AOL message  Click to see PrayerWarrior's MSN Messenger address  Send PrayerWarrior a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In every translation I have read the word "was" is used through out Genesis. This is not accurate. The more appropriate english word that should definately be used instead, is, "Became".
PW

http://www.CJC-Keneh-Bosem.org
If you have Prayer needs, Please, send me a note. That's what I Do.
PastorsOffice@CJC-Keneh-Bosem.org
Rev. Brett M. Schuler

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2006 :  06:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations, PW:

Peace be unto the house.

Actually, the more ancient form of hey, yod, hey, or hayah is the word hey, waw, hey, or awa (pronounced ah-oo-ah), sometimes written hawah, and seems to have meant, to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence), thus forms [past, present and future] of the English word exist would be far more appropriate in our opinion.

Coincidentally, those same three letters, hey, waw, hey are also a part of the Creator's Proper Name, yod, hey, waw, hey, which is a word some may benefit more from since it appears nearly 7,000 times in the so-called Old Testament. And knowledge and understanding of the true meaning of this Proper Name might one day save you, as it is written.

Yahu'el [Joel] 2:32 And it shall come to pass whosoever calls on the name of Yahuwah shall be saved[H422]

H4422
malat
BDB Definition:
1) to slip away, escape, deliver, save, be delivered
1a) (Niphal)
1a1) to slip away
1a2) to escape
1a3) to be delivered
1b) (Piel)
1b1) to lay, let slip out (of eggs)
1b2) to let escape
1b3) to deliver, save (life)
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to give birth to
1c2) to deliver
1d) (Hithpael)
1d1) to slip forth, slip out, escape
1d2) to escape

Revelation 16:9 (RNV[1]) And men were scorched with great heat and they blasphemed the name of Yahuwah who has power over these plagues and they did not repent and give Him praise.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the assemblies and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

[1] For those who may be interested, The Sacred Scripture of Yahuwah, Restored Names Version (RNV) may be downloaded here http://letmypeoplego.co.uk/download.htm

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el,
NOT the man-made, fictional USA or STATE OF ISRAEL.
Ephesians 2:12 & 19
An act done by me against my will is not my act.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 11 Jun 2006 06:15:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000