Information Control #1: Witnesses forbidden to study the Bible alone:
Non-Witnesses, please understand that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe the Bible, they believe the Watchtower. Don't waste your time studying the Bible with them. They only believe what the organization prints.
- 1910 "If the 6 volumes of 'Scripture Studies' are practically the Bible topically arranged, with Bible proof-texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes- 'The Bible' in an arranged form. That is to say, they are not merely comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself...Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible itself, but we see also that if anyone lays the 'Scripture Studies' ... after he has read them for 10 years-if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone...out experience shows that within 2 years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he has merely read the 'S.S.' with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years." (Watchtower, Sept 15, 1910)
- 1951 But if each of us were left to himself just because he has a copy of the Bible and were to direct his movements dependently as he thought he understood the Word, what? It is likely, or possible, that there would be a great deal of confusion or working in competition among us. Hence, besides individually possessing God's Word, we need a theocratic organization. Yes, besides having God's spirit of illumination, a Christian needs Jehovah's theocratic organization in order to understand the Bible. (Watchtower; June 15, 1951; p. 375)
- 1957 "The world is full of Bibles, which Book contains the commandments of God. Why, then, do the people not know which way to go? … "God has not arranged for [His] Word to speak independently or to shine life-giving truths by itself. It is through his organization God provides this light." (Watchtower, May 1, 1957, pg. 274)
- 1967 "The Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." (Watchtower, Oct 1, 1967, pg. 587)
- 1965 "He does not impart his holy spirit and understanding and appreciation of his Word apart from his visible organization." (Watchtower, July 1, 1965, pg. 391)
- 1981 "We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization.'" (Watchtower, February 15, 1981, p.19)
- 1981 They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago,... (Watchtower; Aug. 15, 1981; p. 29)
- 1994 Channel to understanding the Bible... All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave. (Watchtower; Oct. 1, 1994; p. 8)
Information Control #2: The Inspired Watchtower is the true Witness Bible:
Non-Witnesses, please understand that to a Witness the Watchtower literally replaces the scripture as a source of faith and doctrine. They will strongly deny this, but Witnesses know in their hearts it is true as the above quotes prove beyond any question.
- 1936 "The Lord has graciously provided for the publication of his message in the form of books, that the people may be informed of the truth....those books do not contain the opinion of any man." (Riches, 1936, p. 384, 385)
- 1937 "The Watchtower is issued twice each month and brings to its readers the current report which the Lord, in the exercise of his loving-kindness, manifests in the unfolding of his prophecies to those who are devoted to him....the Watchtower being the means the Lord is pleased to use to transmit his message of truth to the people, it is a real comfort to the remnant and the other sheep of the Lord to have this given to the regularly twice each month." (1937 Yearbook, p. 82)
- 1938 "Jehovah provides the machinery, the printing presses, and all material for the purpose of preparing his fiery message that must be poured out or scattered upon 'Christendom', and this is done by his 'faithful servant' class." (Watchtower May 1, 1938 p 143)
- 1939 "It should be expected that the Lord would have a means of communicating to his people on the earth, and he has clearly shown that the magazine called The Watchtower is used for that purpose." (1939 Yearbook Of Jehovah's Witnesses, P 85)
- 1940 Court's Question to Franz: "Who subsequently became the Editor of the magazine, the main editor of the 'Watch Tower' magazine?" Franz's Answer: "Jehovah God." (Fred W. Franz on the witness stand under oath, New York King's County Clerks' Court Record, 1940, vol. II, p 795)
- 1942 Christ Jesus has caused the understanding of the prophetic dramas and pictures to be clear and set forth in the Watchtower publications. (Watchtower, Dec. 15, 1942 p. 376)
- 1959 "The evidence of the holy spirit in the quality and content of the writings published by the Watchtower Society should be the thing that satisfies, that convinces, together with a comparison of these things with the inspired Word of God, the Holy Scriptures." (Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1959, p. 607-608)
Information Control #3: Jehovah's Witnesses 's forbidden from reading non-Jehovah's Witnesses materials:
Jehovah's Witnesses are officially forbidden from reading any non-Jehovah's Witnesses religious information. In other words, Jehovah's Witnesses reading this right now literally risk getting disfellowshipped if they get caught! All non-Jehovah's Witnesses religious material, regardless of the source, is called, "apostate material" and quite forbidden to even possess. When you give them a tract at the door, they are not permitted to read it and must throw it out immediately.
"Have No Dealings With Apostates, ... For example, what will you do if you receive a letter or some literature, open it, and see right away that it is from an apostate? Will curiosity cause you to read it, just to see what he has to say? You may even reason: `It won't affect me; I'm too strong in the truth. And besides, if we have the truth, we have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test.' In thinking this way, some have fed their minds upon apostate reasoning and have fallen prey to serious questioning and doubt." (Watchtower, March 15, 1986 p12)
Non-Witnesses, please understand why giving tracts to Jehovah's Witnesses at the door is a waste of time! They are forbidden to even read it!
Information Control #4: Fear of lending any credibility to any non-Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization, book or author.:
The Organization is afraid of giving any influence away in their bibliographic information. For example, the organization wrote a book supporting young earth creation (God created the earth 49,000 years ago as opposed to a 4 billion year evolutionary process) called, "Creation or Evolution". Although the bibliography is extensive, it never gives credit or reference to any "creation science" book, writer or organization, in spite of the fact that the Watchtower writers relied heavily upon these "creation science" books, writers and organizations to write their book. They did quote many humanist secular books and magazines, but none from any "creation science" sources. Now the reason is simple, Life Magazine, being humanist and "of the world" does not pose any threat to the Organization's monopoly of "religious information" control. But "creation science" books, writers and organizations are almost exclusively manned by people of conservative, fundamentalist religious Bible believing views. This poses a great threat to the organization and that, quite simply, is why they never give any credit to such organizations, even though they in fact used such sources as a primary resource of information.
Information Control #5: Jehovah's Witnesses Organization is God's inspired prophet in whom is the only source of salvation:
- 1936 "... there is but one place of safety, and that is to be in and to abide in the organization of Jehovah God." (Riches; 1936; p. 101)
- 1938 The Lord Jesus Christ as the head of Jehovah's organization Zion has a visible part of his organization on the earth, which represents the Lord and acts under the direct supervision of the Lord Jesus Christ... "The Society" acts by through its duty constituted servants; recognizing the great fact that God hath set the members in the body as it pleaseth him (1Cor.12:18), which he does by and through his Chief Officer, Christ Jesus. It must be conceded by all who love the Lord that the Lord has perfected and directs his own organization. (Watchtower, June 1, 1938 p. 169-170)
- 1938 "So Jehovah's visible organization under Christ is a channel for bringing the divine interpretation of his word to his devoted people." (Watchtower, June 1, 1938, p. 169)
- 1939 We acknowledge as the visible organization of Jehovah on earth the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, and recognize the Society as the Channel or instrument through which Jehovah and Christ Jesus give instruction and meat in due season to the household of faith. (Watchtower, April 15, 1939 p. 125)
- 1954 "They are passed to the Holy Spirit who invisibly communicates with Jehovah's Witnesses and the publicity department" (F. W. Franz, Vice-President of the Watchtower Society, Scottish Daily Express, Nov. 24, 1954)
- 1967 "Make haste to identify the visible theocratic organization of God that represents his king, Jesus Christ. It is essential for life. Doing so, be complete in accepting its every aspect." (Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 591)
- 1967 "We cannot claim to love God, yet deny his word and channel of communication." (Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 591)
- 1972 "That they [Jehovah's Witness] must adhere absolutely to the decisions and scriptural understandings of the Society because God has given it this authority over his people." (Watchtower, May 1, 1972, p. 272)
- 1973 "Consider too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone in all the earth is directed by God's holy spirit or active force." (Watchtower, July 1, 1973, page 402)
- 1973 Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. (Watchtower; July 1, 1973; p. 402)
- 1983 To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it. (Watchtower; Feb. 15, 1983; p. 12)
- 1983 "Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: 'This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you... Many have found the second requirement more difficult. It is to obey God's laws, yes, to conform one's life to the moral requirements set out in the Bible...A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization...To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it...The fourth requirement is connected with loyalty. God requires that prospective subjects of his kingdom support his government by loyally advocating his kingdom rule to others..." (four requirements for salvation as taught by the Watchtower magazine of Feb. 15, 1983, p. 12. One of them deals with the Watchtower organization.)
Information Control #6: Witnesses forbidden to think for themselves:
- 1911 "Rather we should seek for dependent Bible study, rather than for independent Bible study." (Watchtower, Sept 15, 1911, pg. 4885)
- 1983 "Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization." (Watchtower, Jan.15,1983 p22)
- 1983 "Fight against independent thinking." (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 27 )
- In other words, just blindly accept what ever the Watchtower reaches. Non-Witnesses please understand that Witnesses are in fact quite programmed when they come to your door. They are not independent thinkers. The organization does all their thinking for them. You will notice that if you get them off their much rehearsed front door speech, into one of the many topics they have no instructions from the organization, they are totally lost and usually just walk away defeated.
Information Control #7: Witnesses Told To Stay Away from Internet as a source of information:
"Connecting a computer to an electronic bulletin board can open the way to serious spiritual dangers. Just as an unscrupulous individual can place on a bulletin board a virus-a program designed to corrupt and destroy computer files-apostates, clergymen, and persons seeking to corrupt others morally or otherwise can freely place their poisonous ideas on bulletin boards. Unless a bulletin board, even one labeled "Jehovah's Witnesses Only," is properly supervised, with its use being limited to those who are mature, faithful servants of Jehovah, it could expose Christian users to "bad associations." (1 Cor. 15:33) The Society has received reports that such so-called private networks have been used not only to speculate regarding spiritual matters but also to give bad advice, spread gossip and false information, plant negative ideas, raise questions and doubts that subvert the faith of some, and disseminate private interpretations of Scripture. On the surface, some information may appear to be Interesting and informative, and yet it may be laced with poisonous elements. Christians look to "the faithful and discreet slave" for timely spiritual food and for clarifications." (Watchtower, August 1, 1993, p17) Jehovah Witnesses are forbidden to surf the Internet at any website unless their Headquarters specifically endorses it!
In other words, If you are a Jehovah's Witness and are reading this right now, you risk disfellowship!
Return to Jehovah's Witnesses
|Home||Greetings||Who We Are||Helpful Info||Rest Room||Search||Contact Us|