Since the Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be God's prophet, we are free to put them to the Bible test for a prophet, found in Deuteronomy 18:18-20,22.
False prophecy cannot be "explained away" and treated lightly. The Watchtower has invited us to examine their record, and we will! All quotes are from publications of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and available at headquarters in Brooklyn, New York. Some of these publications may also be found in local Kingdom Hall libraries. Judge this self-proclaimed "prophet" for yourselves!
6,000 Years Of Human History Prophechies
- 6,000 years from Adam ended in A.D. 1872. (Daily Heavenly Manna, inside cover page).
- 6,000 years of human history ended in 1873.(The Time is at Hand, p.33)
- 6,000 years of human history ended in 1972.(The Truth Shall Make You Free, p.152, 1943 edition).
- 6,000 years of human history ended in 1975. (Awake!, October 8th, 1968, page 15).
- Armageddon would end in 1914. (The Time is at Hand. Page 101, 1911 Edition).
- Armageddon would end in 1915. (The Time is At Hand, page 101, 1915 Edition).
- Today, J.W.'s expect Armageddon any minute!
The Return Of Christ Prophecies
- Since Christ failed to show up for any of the Watchtower dates, J.W.'s altered their teaching to make his coming conveniently "invisible".
- Christ returned in 1874. (The Finished Mystery, pages 386, 295, 1917 Edition). The Watchtower publications taught this 1874 date right up to 1929. The "Prophecy" book published in 1929, states on page 65, "The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D."
- Christ returned in 1914. (The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, p.87).
The Millenium Prophecies
- The Millenium began in 1873. (Thy Kingdom Come, page 305).
- The Millenium began in 1874. (Finished Mystery, page 386).
Prophecies On The Resurrection
The Watchtower Society even published a book telling their followers to add a room onto their houses, an get an undertaker to decorate it. Undertakes, of course, would be looking for employment, since there would be no more deaths in 1926. When the room was completed, Watchtower devotees were to call up Jerusalem, where Abraham wold have an office, and request that their parent be "awakened" from death. They would soon appear in the new room! (The Way to Paradise, pages 228,229).
- The resurrection would occur in 1878 (They Kingdom Come, page 234).
- Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old would return in 1925. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89).
Prophecies On Travel
"Man cannot by airplane or rockets or other means get above the air envelop which is about our earthly globe.." (The Truth Shall Make You Free, p. 285, 1943 edition.)
The Book Of Ruth
- The Book of Ruth is "not prophetical". (Watchtower Reprints IV, p.3110, 12/7/02).
- The Book of Ruth "is prophetic". (Preservation", p. 169, 175, 176.)
The "Higher Powers" Of Romans 13:1
- "Higher Powers" refers to earthly governments. (The Time is at Hand (1889) pg. 81.)
- "Higher Powers" refers to Jehovah God and Jesus. (The Truth Shall Make You Free, pg.312).
- "Higher Powers" refers to earthly governments. (Man's Salvation..at Hand (p.326)
The Revelation Name "Abaddon-Apollyon"
Quite a change!
- Refers to Satan. (Studies in the Scriptures, (Vol. 7 pg. 159).
- Refers to Jesus Christ. (Then is Finished the Mystery of God, page 232).
Prophecies On Sodom & Gomorrah Will the men of Sodom be resurrected?
These changes are more like flashing lights, on and off again. How can they be trusted?
- Yes....Watchtower 7/1879 page 8.
- No.....Watchtower 6/1/52 page 338.
- Yes....Watchtower 8/1/65, page 479.
- No.....Watchtower 6/1/88, page 31.
- Yes...Live Forever (old Ed.) Page 179.
- No....Live Forever (new Ed.) Page 179.
- Yes..Insight, vol. 2., page 985.
- No..Revelation book, page 273.
The "Alpha And Omega" Of Revelation
Notice the rapid change of "truth" and "interpretation of scripture" in just two months!
- Refers to Jehovah God. (Awake! August 22, 1978, page 28).
- Refers to Jesus Christ. (Watchtower, October 1, 1978, p.15).
The Faithful And Discreet Slave
- Refers to their founder, Charles Taze Russell. (Watchtowers from 12/1/16-3/1/23, pg. 68.)
- Refers to the "Remnant of Spiritual Israelite" (the supposed remnant of the 144,000 "heavenly class"). (From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, page 193).
The 1914 Generation Fiasco
- Until October 22nd, 1995, each 'Awake' magazine proclaimed, '...the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.'
- Beginning with the November 8th, 1995 'Awake', the reference to the 1914 disappeared. Why? Because it is another false prophecy! 1914 plus 80 years (the longest time possible for a 'generation' by their own admission) ran out in 1994. This prophecy was attributed to Jehovah as 'the Creator's promise'. Therefore this particular false prophecy was done in the name of the Lord, and is subject to His condemnatory judgment on false prophets. There is not escape! Time is the enemy of a false prophet.
- Although the official publication of the Jehovah's Witnesses claims, "...Jehovah's witnesses today make their declaration of the good news of the kingdom under angelic direction and support" according to the Watchtower of April 1, 1972, page 200, they have proved to be an embarrassment to the angels!
- Undaunted, the Watchtower of July 1st, 1973, page 402, goes on to claim, "Consider too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone in all the earth is directed by God's holy spirit or active force."
- Obviously the Holy Spirit did not prompt these false prophecies!
Not only does the Bible give us a simple test for prophets, which we considered at the beginning of this tract, namely that their prophecies will fail, but the word of God has more to say about prophecies and prophesying. The Bible reveals three sources of prophecy. One, it is from God, and inspired by Him. Two, it is from the adversary and inspired by him. Thirdly, prophecies can come out of the "flesh", or out of our "own spirit". Since the Watchtower society of Jehovah's witnesses has so many failed prophecies, we know they are not prophesying by God's direction, and through His Holy Spirit, or by the angels. This leaves us with two alternatives for the false prophecies of the Watchtower Society. They are from the adversary, or they are from "the flesh".
The Watchtower has chosen the latter, claiming that "we all make mistakes"etc. "We have new light". Is this an "out" for them? No, for Jehovah's witnesses should carefully read Ezekiel, chapter 13. This chapter is a judgment of God on prophets who hope for a fulfillment of their words, after prophesying falsely. Verse 8, says, "Because you have spoken falsehood and seen lie, therefore, behold, I am against you", declares the Lord God."
The Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is a proven false prophet, and the Lord, by His own decree, is against them. Why would you want to remain in this doomed organization and share in its judgment?
Return to Jehovah's Witnesses
|Home||Greetings||Who We Are||Helpful Info||Rest Room||Search||Contact Us|