The Times and Seasons of A Prophet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrewfrew

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  10:06:09  Show Profile
When society is wealthy it often brings with it social evils, the accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few to the detriment of the many, the oppression of the have nots, perversion of justice, luxury and self indulgence. A loss of faith in God with the setting up of idols as we see in the mass media with becks and spice and the adoration of programmes like bigbrother or pop stars. Luxury brings with it a loss of faith in God a populous that turns to superstitions, magic and new age as remedies to a hollow ness in the soul. And such a society then breeds the indifferent and sceptical. At such a time and season God brings forth a prophet to restore order to the cosmos and his name is the Teacher of Righteousness.

Isaiah21_6

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2002 :  22:42:17  Show Profile
I agree with your comments on society. However, in all due respect, order will be restored when:

11After that I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse [appeared]! The One Who was riding it is called Faithful (Trustworthy, Loyal, Incorruptible, Steady) and True, and He passes judgment and wages war in righteousness (holiness, justice, and uprightness).(5)
12His eyes [blaze] like a flame of fire, and on His head are many kingly crowns (diadems); and He has a title (name) inscribed which He alone knows or can understand.(6)
13He is dressed in a robe dyed by [3] dipping in blood, and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.
14And the troops of heaven, clothed in fine linen, dazzling and clean, followed Him on white horses.
15From His mouth goes forth a sharp sword with which He can smite (afflict, strike) the nations; and He will shepherd and control them with a staff (scepter, rod) of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath and indignation of God the All-Ruler (the Almighty, the Omnipotent).(7)
16And on His garment (robe) and on His thigh He has a name (title) inscribed, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.(8)
17Then I saw a single angel stationed in the sun's [4] light, and with a mighty voice he shouted to all the birds that fly across the sky, Come, gather yourselves together for the great supper of God,(9)
18That you may feast on the flesh of rulers, the flesh of generals and captains, the flesh of powerful and mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all humanity, both free and slave, both small and great!
19Then I saw the beast and the rulers and leaders of the earth with their troops mustered to go into battle and make war against Him Who is mounted on the horse and against His troops.
20And the beast was seized and overpowered, and with him the false prophet who in his presence had worked wonders and performed miracles by which he led astray those who had accepted or permitted to be placed upon them the stamp (mark) of the beast and those who paid homage and gave divine honors to his statue. Both of them were hurled alive into the fiery lake that burns and blazes with brimstone.
21And the rest were killed with the sword that issues from the mouth of Him Who is mounted on the horse, and all the birds fed ravenously and glutted themselves with their flesh.
Go to Top of Page

andrewfrew

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  00:40:03  Show Profile
So who is this person on a white Horse he cannot be Jesus since the Lord is love I dont see Jesus chopping peoples heads of do you, with all due repsect lets have some common sense.
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  20:52:45  Show Profile
Am sure it is not a PERSON on the white horse. P.S. look behind the Leader and 'see' how many others there happens To Be. Have you not read of the .....wrath of the Lamb? Me thinks you are following the 'other' who came in his own name.
Go to Top of Page

Chukwu
Occasional Poster

Nigeria
11 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  21:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Chukwu's Homepage
Andrewfrew claims to be Moreh Tsedek, a Rabbinical office of someone who has been authorized to give rabbinical rulings and be the same as Christ Jesus, a "pasken shaalos," and one who teaches religious law. That may answer your question as to what/who he is following and what/who he proclaims to be.
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah21_6

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  17:29:11  Show Profile
quote:
So who is this person on a white Horse he cannot be Jesus since the Lord is love I dont see Jesus chopping peoples heads of do you, with all due repsect lets have some common sense.

No, the Lord is not love! The Lord is Jesus Christ. As far as common sense goes, why is it that Jesus must be portrayed as some loving wimp?

Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, you white washed tombs, you brood of vipers, you sons of Satan. Lowly Jesus, meek and mild. What’s the matter, didn’t Jesus love them too? And how about those money changers. Man, oh man, did He go off on them. He made a whip, overturned tables, and drove them all off. Sounds to me like the Lion of the tribe of Judah to me.

and what of that Lion...

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals."

Yes, He is the one. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is the One whom will have mercy on whom He will have mercy and He is the One who will mete out justice when He treads the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath and indignation of God Almighty.

14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Notice the similarity to Him who rides the white horse...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000