Alternatives To State-Issued Identification
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Word

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  03:14:58  Show Profile
Assuming that one does not use state-issued identification, I also assumed he could have a difficult time if an officer demands him to "identify himself."

Let's assume an assembly of Christians got together and formalized my intentions to sojourn through the land by walking the common ways as opposed to operating a vehicle. The assembly draws up a paper noting their prayers and hopes and blessings as I go forth to preach the gospel to every creature I encounter on my sojourn. The paper just notes that I am a "Brother in Christ, nameless to all but God," or something similar clearly noting my lack of identity and my mission to preach and do no other thing?

Assume that an officer stops on the road and demands me to identify myself. Would it be prudent to show him this paper in lieu of identification, since I wouldn't have any such thing? Could this defuse a situation of harassment?

Also, I have considered getting my mother to draw up and sign a "Certified Testament of Birth" that I could carry with me. Would this violate Christ's law and give the system of the world power over me, or is it better to stick always to the advice to not give a name for myself, nor have any evidence of a name on me?

What ways are there to convince an officer that I have "cooperated" without actually submitting to his jurisdiction? Is it lawful to use private identification (and how would one go about making private identification?) attested to by private people, and offer that to the officer, or is does this create jurisdiction? My impulse is to say, "yes, it does give Caesar power, as a messenger of will only point to his message and not allow anything else to be discussed." But I'm not totally sure at this point.

Any advice or suggestions would be warmly taken.

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  11:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
Somewhere I heard that a Bible was accepted by some police chief as "identification." I don't remember where I read that and do not have any legal citations on it. (Does anyone here?)
But I would suggest you carry a KJV Bible with your name written in it as "ID." Have you been baptized in accordance with Matthew 28:19? If so, record that (record = official writting) in a KJV Bible and carry it with you. That will identify you, imho.
Note that "identification" does not denote a document, however. Identification is the name of an action, maybe like a marathon is the name of a race but not of any particular thing.
See my *unfinished* notes here also: http://home.earthlink.net/~walterk12/Xian/Studies/Identity.html
Your actions and words are to *authenticate* you.

IAUE bless,

Walter
Go to Top of Page

Word

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  14:10:07  Show Profile
I put together a sample "Testament of Birth." Please take a look and let me know if there is anything lacking or "legally dangerous" on it. I tried to avoid using any of Caesar's conventions or symbols. Wondering if this would be a good thing to keep in the Bible.

http://www33.brinkster.com/nontaxpayer/birthcertificate.htm
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  19:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
Per you "Testament of Birth":
Look up "testament" in a legal dictionary,
look up "birth," "live birth," and "nativity,"
you were born "at" the city of Phoenix, not "in" the governmental entity City of Phoenix.
Why do you list your father last?? Shouldn't he be first? (You are of his clan.)
Why not put this information in your family Bible?
And (for the really far out) do you observe the Gregorian calendar or the Julian or other?
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2003 :  06:17:22  Show Profile
This whole thing seems to me, to be an "exercise in futility." Did The Master need "ID" 2,000 years ago! The hell he did! EVERYONE that he encountered, KNEW IMMEDIATELY who he was -- either friend (to his disciples and followers) or enemy (to the pharisees and Roman authorities).

Caesar is interested in one thing -- and one thing only. That is temporal power. The ONLY WAY that he can get this power, is IF WE GIVE IT TO HIM. Since we do not do so willingly and CONSCIOUSLY, he uses subterfuge and intimidation to trick us into giving it up. "Required ID" is a time-honored means to this end.

Conscious men know who they are. They get their identity from their Creator. They do not need "ID" to tell them so. Therefore, "ID" is necesary only to identify SLAVES to The System. Most slaves think this is freedom, since "the authorities" let them go when the "required ID" is presented. We know better.

Yes, I have "ID." Yes, I am still a slave of The System. The only difference is that I KNOW that I am a slave, and am working diligently to free myself.

Be Well,
Doer

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000