New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  19:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago, as I was standing before large crowds from sun up to sun down, on the second and final day, right after the sun had gone down the horizon, a group of men which where under a leafless tree where urging me to join them right after one of their goons thought he had belittled me. There was no Light there, it was darkened under darkness.

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;

To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien [shall be] your plowmen and your vinedressers.

But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: [men] shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

For your shame [ye shall have] double; and [for] confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they [are] the seed [which] the LORD hath blessed.

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.

For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations."

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  21:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is lovely. Thanks for sharing, Manuel. The Word really is a lot like tinker toys, only much more fun.
Go to Top of Page

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  22:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linc,
Forgot to mention of the weirdest feeling that came upon me during that last moment. Right after those guys under the leafless tree told me to join them, I suddenly felt as if the heavens where trembling and the earth was shaking... only, I felt as if I was elevated somehow, and in much peace and bouyancy.
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  02:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel

Linc,
Forgot to mention of the weirdest feeling that came upon me during that last moment. Right after those guys under the leafless tree told me to join them, I suddenly felt as if the heavens where trembling and the earth was shaking... only, I felt as if I was elevated somehow, and in much peace and bouyancy.

Spiritual warfare does indeed do strange and wonderful things to ones perceptions.

Two demons tried to get some conflict happening on the train two days ago, but I rebuked them mildly and they leaped away from me as if
stung, and spent the rest of the ride bitterly complaining about me,
from a safe distance.

I noticed the women as soon as I got on the train platform. We entered the train together and sat down. The leader demon asked her companion what I was reading in the Bible. Samuel. She then said she was a born again Christian. Said she'd read the Bible three times, but didn't like the Old Testament. Said she liked the New Testament. I asked her if she believed Paul when he said that the New Testament was written for people who understood the Old Testament really well.

Well, at that, I saw her getting nervous. She said that she believed in Jesus, so she was saved and didn't need anything else. Now, from an ordinary Christian, that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. But when someone has read the Bible three times over, that is a very
startling statement. It is even more startling for them to say they
don't like the Old Testament.

I asked her, "Did Jesus say that? Here is the Bible; show me where he
said that." She hissed like a scorpion, and said to shove the Bible
where the sun don't shine. I told her, "You have just revealed who you are, you are a liar and you care nothing for truth." Her companion demon, who had sat beside me, immediately leapt away. I spent the rest of the ride reading the Bible and ignoring them.

How did I know they were demons? They had knowledge of things to say to taunt me that strangers would not have. As soon as I saw them some sort of spirit warned me about them. Outwardly they were rather ugly, dressed like bag ladies, painted like prostitutes. Something was in their eyes. A certain alertness and confidence that didn't match up with their outer appearance at all. And they took a particular interest in me, through their glances and looks.

Demons really can't stand to be around the presence of the Holy Spirit, or those who are under Jesus protection.
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  08:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linc,

We agree that an understanding of what has been written in the Old Writings (some call it Old Testament) is essential to have an in depth understanding of what is written in the New Writings (which some call the New Testament).

quote:
Linc wrote….

Said she'd read the Bible three times, but didn't like the Old Testament. Said she liked the New Testament.

I asked her if she believed Paul when he said that the New Testament was written for people who understood the Old Testament really well.
Please remind us where in the Scriptures it was that Paul said that ”the New Testament was written for people who understood the Old Testament really well.”

Best Regards,

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  09:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Linc wrote….

She said that she believed in Jesus, so she was saved and didn't need anything else.

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

David Merrill once told us that many say they "believe in Jesus" .... he, David, seeks to have "the faith of Jesus”.

If we recall correctly, David has posted those words elsewhere on this forum.

We think that wanting to have the faith of Yahshua (some call Him Jesus) is a worthwhile goal. We support David in his desire to move in that direction.

David went on to say something like this: that it seemed to him that people who say they believe in Jesus have a belief much like their belief in a light switch on the wall. That is, they believe, that if they activate the switch, it will do something to benefit them.

The faith of Yahshua is something much different and much deeper.
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  10:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

That verse exemplifies the point I had made. Jesus certainly had full confidence in God the Father. Full confidence in His existence.

Edited by - David Merrill on 10 Apr 2005 10:18:18
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  10:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Linc wrote….

Said she'd read the Bible three times, but didn't like the Old Testament. Said she liked the New Testament.

I asked her, "Did Jesus say that? Here is the Bible; show me where he said that."

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

The question Linc asked the lady seems to be a good question to ask that will help people.

There are, in our opinion, false teachings that are very prevalent in the church assemblies in general.

These false teachings have no basis in the Holy Scriptures.

When we help people look at the Scriptures properly translated, and then put those Scriptures into the context in which they were originally spoken, men and women are often able to see the truth revealed by those Scriptures.

The Scriptures shed light on the truth and expel the darkness of the lie.

The Holy Scriptures state …..
quote:
In Psalm 119:105…

Your Law is a lamp to our feet, and a light to our path.

Psalm 119:130 says….

The unfolding of Your Law gives light; they give understanding to the simple.

The footnotes in the Geneva Scriptures state ...
quote:
Geneva Scripture footnotes say ....

Of ourselves we are but darkness and cannot see, unless we are enlightened with Yahweh’s word (the Law and the Prophets).

Even those who are unlearned and uneducated, when they submit themselves to Yahweh, have their eyes opened and their minds illuminated, as soon as they begin to learn Yahweh’s word (the Law and the Prophets).

Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  14:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cornerstone Foundation

Linc,

We agree that an understanding of what has been written in the Old Writings (some call it Old Testament) is essential to have an in depth understanding of what is written in the New Writings (which some call the New Testament).

quote:
Linc wrote….

I asked her if she believed Paul when he said that the New Testament was written for people who understood the Old Testament really well.
Please remind us where in the Scriptures it was that Paul said that ”the New Testament was written for people who understood the Old Testament really well.”

Best Regards,

Marty

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Paul said he was speaking to those who know the Law. He wasn't dumbing things down or making extra explanations for those who did not know the Law. I'm finding most theological twists people get into boil down to them either not knowing, or not BELIEVING the Law.
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  14:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking out of my sense of logic, Paul was not aware of the New Testament. While being a constructive rhetorical question designed to stimulate thought, it is really quite absurd.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000